Shetland 570 with Optimax 90 & trailer for sale

Sell your boat, and or any boaty bits cluttering up the garage.
Forum rules
ONCE YOUR ITEM HAS SOLD PLEASE REMOVE/DELETE YOUR POST TO STOP CONFUSION - THANK YOU
TPW

Shetland 570 with Optimax 90 & trailer for sale

Post by TPW »

AF909BFB-CE08-438A-8F7A-18070C621F2B.jpeg
69178FB0-CAAE-47AE-A7C7-E146D702E129.jpeg
36B6B758-6730-4E1C-AB52-3B3C3E645B21.jpeg
20E9619E-83F3-440B-9FB7-2058614A754D.jpeg
Keeley VI is for sale through no fault of her own, but due to my husband’s illness, which prohibits clambering about on boats.

She is sound, sturdy and in pretty good nick for an old girl (she appears to be a later model, from what I can tell from the brochures on this site. She’s very well mannered and stable (just as well in the often rough seas around the Teignmouth approaches) but she loves to plane and has a strengthened transom to handle a decent sized engine. She also has a nearly new, blue vinyl tonneau cover and is datatagged.

The engine is a Mercury Optimax 90 hp (2 stroke) 2009 with only around 120 hours. It’s been fully serviced and had a new impeller this year - we have printouts from Bridget Marine and videos of her in use, recently. We thought the engine was a bit big for her, at first, but with experience we found she would pop up easily onto the plane at about 12 knots and cruise happily around 20 or so. She’ll clearly go a lot faster with a more confident pilot!

She comes with two 25 litre fuel tanks with quick release fittings and an anchor and rope (if you want them) which we have put to good use on picnics in Ansteys Cove.

I’m aware that if you do your boating inshore and don’t want to bomb around the Devon coast you might want a smaller engine, so I’m willing to consider separating them. I know the engine is worth about 4 times more than Keeley and I won’t have too much trouble selling it, but I would like the boat to go to a good home.

The trailer is a braked single axle and is sound and roadworthy and has had a new axle recently - my husband might tell you when, but I do the towing and can vouch that it all works.
I’m open to offers and whilst I’m not looking for top dollar, I’m not desperate for a quick sale - she’s coming out of the water next week and can spend the winter on my friend’s farm.

If you are interested you can reply to this post or text or phone me on 07913 653 557. We have more pictures and videos I can send you.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.