Anyone with a Shetland 4+2 that can explain a few things

Thoughts, Ideas and General Questions
Clive

Re: Anyone with a Shetland 4+2 that can explain a few things

Post by Clive »

12 months old? For heaven’s sake, why haven’t Shetland given you the answer? Mind you, they ignored my messages. Great boats, questionable customer service.

DACS

Post by DACS »

The bilge pump should be at the lowest point in the hull which is likely to be directly over the keel and could well be under the cockpit depending on the underwater shape.

With regard to fitting a service item in an inaccessible place, the freshwater pump, complete with filter, on our Shetland 29i required a contortionist to crawl into a cockpit locker and then reach over the waste holding tank to get to it.

DACS

Post by DACS »

Clive wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:27 pm
12 months old? For heaven’s sake, why haven’t Shetland given you the answer? Mind you, they ignored my messages. Great boats, questionable customer service.
I thought that Shetland Boats Limited ceased trading. According to Companies House the company was dissolved last May.

Clive

Post by Clive »

Just checked and you’re right. That would explain the lack of response from my web enquiry. I wonder how the website keeps functioning? Someone must be paying for hosting.