Newbie Question Identification

Thoughts, Ideas and General Questions
TheGhosty27

Newbie Question Identification

Post by TheGhosty27 »

Hi Guys and Gals.

Am new to boating, and bought this project boat but can't seem to find out what model it is, been told it may be a Shetland or a Picton to name a few...
I have been traulling the internet but can't find one the same for sure. If anybody here has a better idea that would be amazing....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dellquay13

Re: Newbie Question Identification

Post by dellquay13 »

Hiya,
More photos might help, shape of the hull under the rubbing strip, full side view etc.
It looks like no shetland that i have ever seen, and I've poked my nose into quite a few. None of the visible fittings look like ones i have seen on shetlands either. The nearest shetland i can think of is a sheltie, but with lots of cabin and radar arch built on top.
Nordic countries like pointy boats like this one, maybe it is northern european, and likely 40-50 years old. Chris
1987 F4 mk4, 70hp 4str Yamaha. Milford Haven and seaward to a 50mile radius.

TheGhosty27

Post by TheGhosty27 »

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the info will get some more pics uploaded for you guys asap, in the meantime anybody else have any thoughts??

535Mustard

Post by 535Mustard »

The windscreen looks fairline ish and the hull looks fjord ish to me lol.
So no I'm no help lol

Tom

dellquay13

Post by dellquay13 »

Having googled old fjord boats, i think you might be on the right track there Tom, the pointyness, the acute triangle windows and the radar arch all make it look like a tiny version of a fjord cruiser. Maybe someone got to work with some diy grp superstructure and made themselves a mini lookalike out of their broads cruiser, or possibly, the maker of all those new space age superyachts for russian oligarchs started on much smaller craft.

TheGhosty27

Post by TheGhosty27 »

Thanks to Tom and Chris for your input guys, much appreciated and will definitely try and get some more photos uploaded by the weekend, her name is Lacey-Mae does sound a bit nordic doesn't it.....or is it just me :mrgreen:

dellquay13

Post by dellquay13 »

4320233.jpg
A Fjord 930, a bit bigger than the mystery boat, but definitely some styling similarities with the slanty cockpit screen and the radar arch
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

535Mustard

Post by 535Mustard »

I know. It's a boat Rodney, it's a boat..... :lol:

dellquay13

Post by dellquay13 »

This is a Norwegian made Draco, it's got a similar cockpit screen over the cabin windows layout, maybe yours is an early Draco?

TheGhosty27

Post by TheGhosty27 »

A few more pics