Up to date meetings North Broads
Up to date meetings North Broads
Hi all, I’m a recent member here with a 27i moored at Wroxham, is there anyone based on the north broads? I notice most of these posts are fairly old.
Re: Up to date meetings North Broads
Not based there, but usually get two weeks on the Broads in September in my 4+2.
Love Wroxham !
Bob
Love Wroxham !
Bob
Re: Up to date meetings North Broads
I trailered my shetland 69 up to the Broads in1973. When looking for a slipway to launch from, I was aggressively turned away by the boatyards with them saying "why bring a your boat here when you could hire one of ours". I previously had had hired Broads cruisers for over ten years and loved the Broads, but the attitude of the various yards disappointed me and I've never been back.
Re: Up to date meetings North Broads
You clearly chose the wrong boatyards !
I have used Richardsons in Staham (once), Princess cruisers in Loddon more times than I can remember, & recently The Waveney Center for the 4th time. All with no problems at all.
Bob
I have used Richardsons in Staham (once), Princess cruisers in Loddon more times than I can remember, & recently The Waveney Center for the 4th time. All with no problems at all.
Bob
Re: Up to date meetings North Broads
Well, it was over 50yrs ago and trailered boats were uncommon in those days. I suppose they have had to change their attitude. I did eventually find a Mrs Sabberton of Sabena yard in Hoverton who kindly allowed me use of their slipway.