Up to date meetings North Broads

Co-Ordinator Adam
Post Reply
MalcolmB
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2026 1:33 pm

Up to date meetings North Broads

Post by MalcolmB »

Hi all, I’m a recent member here with a 27i moored at Wroxham, is there anyone based on the north broads? I notice most of these posts are fairly old.
blebrocq
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:24 pm

Re: Up to date meetings North Broads

Post by blebrocq »

Not based there, but usually get two weeks on the Broads in September in my 4+2.
Love Wroxham !
Bob
vreagh
Posts: 326
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Cornwall

Re: Up to date meetings North Broads

Post by vreagh »

I trailered my shetland 69 up to the Broads in1973. When looking for a slipway to launch from, I was aggressively turned away by the boatyards with them saying "why bring a your boat here when you could hire one of ours". I previously had had hired Broads cruisers for over ten years and loved the Broads, but the attitude of the various yards disappointed me and I've never been back.
blebrocq
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:24 pm

Re: Up to date meetings North Broads

Post by blebrocq »

You clearly chose the wrong boatyards !
I have used Richardsons in Staham (once), Princess cruisers in Loddon more times than I can remember, & recently The Waveney Center for the 4th time. All with no problems at all.
Bob
vreagh
Posts: 326
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Cornwall

Re: Up to date meetings North Broads

Post by vreagh »

Well, it was over 50yrs ago and trailered boats were uncommon in those days. I suppose they have had to change their attitude. I did eventually find a Mrs Sabberton of Sabena yard in Hoverton who kindly allowed me use of their slipway.
Post Reply